Jun 28, 2009


из интервю с Араки :




Why is bondage a recurrent theme in your work?



Kinbaku (making knots with ropes) is different from bondage. I tie women's bodies up because I know their souls can't be tied. Only the physical self can be tied. Putting a rope round a woman is like putting an arm around her.




Why are you obsessed with women in your photographic work ?


Women have all the charms of life itself. They have all the essential attributes: beauty, ugliness, obscenity, purity ... much more so than nature.
A photographer who doesn't take photos of women is no photographer, or only a third-rate one. Women teach you much more than reading Balzac's Human Comedy. Whether it's your wife, a one-night stand or a prostitute, women teach you how the world goes round. Besides, I stopped reading when I left primary school. I've built my life on meeting women.





No comments:

Post a Comment